Frequently Asked Questions
whats the Christmas / NY holiday schedule?
- Monday 4 December - Thursday 7 December (4 days x 5 hours daily. 8am to 1pm)
- Monday 11 December - Friday 15 December (normal week. M-F: 9am to 1pm)
- Monday 18 December - Friday 22 December (normal week. M-F: 9am to 1pm)
- Tuesday 26 December - Saturday 30 December (Friday's class will be 8am to 1pm, Saturday's class is 9am to 12 noon)
- Tuesday 2 January - Friday 5 January (4 days x 5 hours daily. 8am to 1pm)
- Tuesday 9 January - Saturday 13 January (Friday's class will be 8am to 1pm, Saturday's class is 9am to 12 noon)
- Monday 4 December - Thursday 7 December (2-8pm)
- Monday 11 December - Friday 15 December (2-8pm)
- Monday 18 December - Friday 22 December (2-8pm)
- Tuesday 26 December - Friday 29 December (2-8pm)
- Tuesday 2 January - Friday 5 January (2-8pm)
- Tuesday 9 January - Friday 12 January (2-8pm)
How do I ask a question or enroll in Spanish classes?
Alternatively you can complete the Booking Form which is valid for both asking questions and booking.
If you need to contact us for non-class related questions you can send us a message via the Contact Us Page.
When do Classes Start?
We have new classes starting every week of the year in 2023.
Classes run Monday to Friday, every week of the year. Where Monday is a public holiday your classes will run Tuesday to Saturday.
There's about 17 public holidays in Colombia every year.
What's the difference between the classes?
Group classes consist of 3 to 7 people. Classes are perfect for total beginners to intermediate learners. Classes progress in a linear manner as per Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Advanced level students are recommended to take private classes for more personalized lessons. Classes are usually scheduled from 9am to 1pm.
If you prefer a more customized experience 1-2-1 classes are the way to go. Private classes are great for students who want to study at their own pace (faster/slower), progress in a non-linear manner, cover a variety of topics or simply review what they have learned in previous courses. Private classes are perfect for all Spanish levels from beginner to advanced. Classes can be scheduled from 2 - 8pm.
If you want to learn Spanish before you start your travel adventures, or continue your classes after you arrive home, online classes are the perfect option. Classes can be scheduled from 8am to 8pm.
What's better group or private classes?
Group classes are perfect for beginners. They are great way to meet other travelers and digital nomads, especially if you're new to the city. As your Spanish level progresses you will benefit from private classes that are personalized to your need and style of learning.
If you're a beginner and not sure we recommend you start with group classes, you can always change later on, after the completion of any week.
What happens if there is not enough students for my level?
Group Classes go ahead with 3 students or more.
- If there are only two students, your class will be reduced to 15 hours
- If you are the only student, your class will be converted to a private class of 10 hours. (Private classes are more expensive but we don't charge any surcharge)
In all options you will cover the same course content simply because with less students the learning process is quicker.
Is there a Registration Fee?
Do I need to buy a book or any materials for class?
What else is included?
Does the school have wifi I can use?
How do I pay?
After completing the booking form we will send you a payment link to pay online with any international credit card. We recommend you pay PRIOR to arriving to:
- ensure your place in a class is guaranteed
- avoid delays on your first day of class
Do you offer discounts?
Is it safe making payment online?
Do you offer a long term visa to stay in Colombia?
What about Accommodation?
There are many options from hostels, hotels to Airbnb's with a large variety of price ranges.
We manage a number of Airbnb style apartments close to the school and in other parts of town. You can ask us for advice when booking your classes. In Colombia, homestay accommodation is not very common.
Do you have Airport pick up?
From the airport to central Medellin it is a scenic 40 minute drive. There are plenty of taxis waiting outside the airport and the fee to El Poblado is a set rate of 98,000COP valid until December 2023. We recommend you confirm the rate with the driver before entering the taxi.
Airport taxis are regulated and so it's very safe to take a taxi from the airport. Apps such as Uber are not strictly legal so we recommend you don't use them from the airport to avoid any potential problems. In the city it's fine to use them.